- This is the average salary for this position in the United States.
- People in top positions can easily get double or triple bonus rates than employees down the pyramid.
- If they ask you about jobs that are way above or below your desired job, thank them and decline but remind them of the type of job you are looking for.
- The US is one of the countries that pay developers the highest salaries, but it certainly isn’t the only place where programming talent has great earning potential.
- The salary range for the lowest 10% – 25% is between $37,844 and $51,269 annually.
There are loads of courses and tutorials for learning jQuery, but I still love the freeCodeCamp lesson. You probably won’t get an interview and job offer in the first week of applying for jobs. You might not get an interview in the first month, but this gives you time to improve. My first two jobs came from recruiters asking about a job that wasn’t suited to me, but they had another job that was perfect.
A lot of developers talk about how awful recruiters are, but we need to make sure to utilise them. Whenever you speak to a recruiter, make sure to be respectful and polite. If they ask you about jobs that are way above or below your desired job, thank them and decline but remind them of the type of job you are looking for. They know what the company wants, often have jobs that aren’t on job boards, and they want you to get the job… that’s how they get paid. This may seem wrong, but you should apply to jobs where you can meet 80% (or more) of the requirements. You can always point out that as a self taught developer, you will likely pick up the other requirements faster than most other people.
Help Us Protect Glassdoor